Designed by a professional team of educators and scientists, Mad Science preschool programs work on the premise that one is never too young to LOVE Science!
Young kids have a natural curiousity about the world around them, and Mad Science preschool programs encourage the discovery of the ABCs of Science for kids aged 4, 5 & 6 through hands on experimentation and play. We aim to cultivate a wonderment for Science in kids when they are young, and build the basics of sound enquiry practice that will serve them well into their older years and even into adulthood!
Benefits for teachers…
Teachers do not always have the time and resources required to prepare interactive science programs. Mad Science’s experienced instructors come right into the teacher’s classroom with all the equipment, supplies, and staff.
Our programs focus on real world science and are fun and educational, always anchoring concepts to a child's world.
How it works for teachers
- Choose one, or a series, of workshops from our extensive list of science topics.
- Book a date and time:
- Date: It is suggested that you reserve your workshop approximately 6 weeks in advance, thus allowing you time to complete the pre-workshop exercise.
- Time: Mad Science workshops last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- Download the Teacher Resource Package from the link you receive once you have booked your workshop. The Teacher Resource Package is filled with crosscutting concepts to help you integrate the content covered by the workshop. It provides you with activities to do before, and after, the workshop.
- The day of the workshop - Have fun! Let us do the work!!
Benefits for students…
Children will learn about science by touching, feeling, and even tasting their science experiments. We leave students inspired and hungry to learn more.
We spark imaginative learning!
Parents & Organizations:
- If your child's school does not yet have Mad Science programming, please talk to your child's teacher or principal.
- Mad Science can customize programming for your child's school or district curriculum.
- Workshops are aligned to STEM objectives and meet national curriculum standards.
- If your company is interested in sponsoring a Mad Science educational workshop, we invite you to call us today.